November 27th, 2008
Another release of the custom icon set I’ve been working on (and off).
More lovely Moo custom-printed stickers. Click the button below, using Moo’s new XML API, to start creating cool stickerbooks.
New icons in the 0.4 release:
- Cinema: Classic film-strip image. I’m not sure if the detail is too small to see at this scale, but I tried doing a film reel and that was way too detailed.
- Theatre: Comedy and tragedy, but its very small. I don’t know if its possible to make it out.
- Generic place of worship: For all the other religions that I don’t have icons for yet, and where the tagging on the map is non-specific. Based on a sign I saw at Heathrow for a non-denominational “prayer chapel”.
- Museum: Again, this is a pretty standard icon for museums.
- Port: This completes the major modes of transport; land, sea and air. For consistency they’re all shown front-on except the aeroplane, which is much more recognisable in plan view.
Improved icons, based on suggestions from Gregory:
- Post box: I’ve rotated the envelope to be more vertical, so it should be easier to recognise.
- Taxi: Made the sign on the top of the taxi bigger.
The next things on the todo list; crane (Michal’s suggestion), fuel, bank, monument, zoo and many more…
Hope you enjoy the new icons. Please leave feedback and I’ll make them even better
Entry Filed under: Uncategorized